Thursday, August 03, 2006



CRAFT TIME/ "The Science project"

I showed the kids this project a few days ago and they have been begging to do it. So, this evening we finally did it. Jason was working late, so we needed an activity.

We gathered all the really broken crayons and separated them by brand and kind of by color. Then pealed them and put them in the mini-cupcake tins. I had read that different brands worked differently and told the kids this. We were seeing if they made a difference for us.


Here's what it looked like before putting it in the oven. There are 2 rows of each category. The right side are no-name crayons. The middle are Rose Art. The left are Crayola.



We cooked them at 300 for about 20 minutes (mommy forgot to time it) and then once they were melted took them out to cool. Everything melted great except the animal shaped ones in the 2nd row.

Once cooled I popped them out, but forgot to keep track of them. OOPS! But they all seem to work equally fine so far.




They really are pretty! The kids like that they can color multiple colors with one "Crayon Cookie".

1 comment:

mylittlepatchofsunshine said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing the pictures - I've been wondering if it would affect the pan, but I guess not.